17 March 2010

Gossip: The use of standard propεr English

It has been quite awhile since I last gossiped, so today, Im going to talk about the use of standard proper English and I promise that it will be hilarious :)

Lets start off with a little bit of history...
English was first spoken and written in the mid 5th century(AD 401 ~ 500) It was also known as Old English and slowly developed into Middle English, then Early Modern English and finally Modern English which is the vocabulary we use today. English is now a common spoken language around the world and English is the standard language for businesses and schools. It is not difficult to spot a mistake in one's work.

Recently, Ive read this person's blog and it really made me LMAO. Lets start shall we?

Lesson I: Knowing your wants...


  • -It is understood that this person wants to buy an iPod from China, thats why he spelled "iPod Nano" as "iPod Neno" I think this will make a wonderful gift for his girlfriend this Christmas.
  • -It is clearly understood that a sling bag under a wish list mean that this person wants a sling bag but when this person added the word "Zinc" in front, it just tells me that this person wants a sling bag made of zinc. I think that you will have a hard time carrying this metallic bag, jiayou, dun give up okay?
Lesson II: PE Lessons...

  • Certainly there is a huge difference between "HOPPING" and "HOPING".

Lesson III: Food glorious food!

  • -Oh my god! Are you okay? Are you hurt?? Why were you so careless??? How did you meet an accident with your food???? Get well soon okay?????
  • -Spaghetti can boil? WOW! AWESOME!!
  • -WOW! You are really good with new dishes, what are the ingredients used for cooking "spagatti"? I must try it some day
Wasn't that hilarious? I believe blogger has this button that says "Check Spelling"
I hope that today's gossip will motivate people to use standard proper English not only when communicating but also on our work.

BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment